Wednesday 24 July 2013

FUNDAMENTAL HAPPINESS Series 2

Hi there,

"FUNDAMENTAL HAPPINESS"

I posed some questions on my post yesterday. How do you find them? Do, at least some of them, ring a bell? I won't be surprised if many claim that these questions have never bothered them. That's normal. But if some of you are able to face up to the questions, without finding the answers, you have that golden chance of staying with the discomfort of finding no answers, facing the pain of existence which is very fundamental to human existence, and then moving on to a very new life of joy and peace. I call it FUNDAMENTAL HAPPINESS. 

This is based on my own struggles and experiences. Believe me, living life at the level of FUNDAMENTAL HAPPINESS, or at a level very close to it is just fantastic. It is a wonderful journey. It is not difficult. All you need is truthfulness about yourself and some courage to face the unpleasantness within.

I will share with you my own struggle with what is commonly known as depression, anxiety, despair, hopelessness, to the extent that I had to do my rounds with psychiatrists. Externally I was fine. No one knew what was going on inside me. I was a banker, and I not only retained my job, I did fairly well. Today I am  CEO of SBI Mutual Fund. So my external life progressed on a parallel, just like any 'normal' person. After stumbling upon a lot of modern day non-religious philosophical writings, I made an internal shift in life and, before long, I was able to get the early hints of FUNDAMENTAL HAPPINESS. Oh, what a relief it was!

The biggest revelation was that the un-caused depression that I was suffering from was not a mental disease. It was, in fact, a sign of growth! I made a paradigm internal shift in life sometime later, and soon I was a changed person. 

The first step was to recognize and accept the UNHAPPINESS that I was witnessing within me. Prior to this shift, I was running away from it, trying my best to distract from it by engaging in interesting things in life, or simply denying it. Today, from the vantage point of HAPPINESS, I am still able to enjoy the interesting things in life, without clinging to them, without the fear of losing them. So, I am enjoying them even more!

But it will help to first acknowledge that, as 'normal' human beings, we are fundamentally unhappy. How much of unhappiness we carry within us we do not realize. That is the first step.

Keep reading. There is lots to come.

ARE YOU READY?

Deepak Chatterjee
chatterjee.deepak33@gmail.com
Views are personal


No comments:

Post a Comment